Wednesday, June 20, 2012

round two

The second therapy session went a bit better than the first one.  We prepared better this time by making sure she had plenty of pain medication in her before starting.  She was able to sit for 3 minutes before lying back down, the first time she barely made it 1 minute.  It still was excruciating for her and hard to watch but the progress she made today was pretty impressive to everyone in the room.

She has had a little bit of red jello and is resting.  Julia pretty much refuses to leave her side and has spent most of the day here quietly sitting next to her, helping her takes sips of water, adjusting her blanket and cheering her on when it's time to sit up.   She is running a little bit of a fever so they are keeping a close eye on it but the nurses say it's not abnormal for her to have one after going through this type of surgery.



7 comments:

  1. Good Job Kate keep it up!!! Stay Strong!!! Love ya, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You r doing great Kate and keep going strong
    -Payton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better! Kendra's been updating us (Devin, Brynn,and I) in the car!
    Have Julia text me when visitors are welcome! Love you!Stay Strong!
    -Nina <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, I went Bowling but all that I could think about was, is Kate feeling better? I tried to look on my Ipod, but it wouldn't work at Plaza Lanes. When I got home the first thing I did was go on the laptop!!!! :) Stay Strong, Kate!!!!! Love ya, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate just hang in there , you are doing great:) And yes I kept telling Nina,Devin ,Brynn about you and how you are doing they are like " Kendra! Shush! Just don't think of it ." I didn't want to because I will be rooting for you so....STAY STRONG! FIGHT THE PAIN!!! Keep eating the ice chips and keep putting your Chapstick on!!
    -Kendra!<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moments like this make you want to have a sister!! :D Stay Strong!! Love ya, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell me when visitors can come please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete