Monday, June 18, 2012

Top ten reasons I'm scared for tomorrow

10. I've never been in the hospital.

9. Recovery is going to take a long time.

8.Being put to sleep freaks me out!

7.The needles they need to use to monitor my nerves.

6. The rods they are placing in my back.

5. The screws that will support my head to protect my eyes during surgery.

4. Going into the operating room alone and awake.

3. My back aching and hurting after.

2. Receiving the blood transfusion I will need after

1. I'm afraid I won't wake up after surgery.

3 comments:

  1. Oh SK you are so incredibly brave and mature. I'm so glad that Devin has a friend like you (well actually our whole family is fortunate to be friends w/ your whole family!) I have great faith that everything will go exactly as it should because you are in the best care ever, the doctors are great, your fantastic family & don't forget all those crazy girls you hang out with! I'm sure that someday you will eloquently and poetically put this experience into what will be another fabulous chapter in the book of "Kate". My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow....And just so you know I'm already working on personalizing the lyrics to your title song "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I would like to have them done so that when you wake up I can perform them for you....Maybe standing on a gurney w/ one of those things that holds the IV bags as my mike....ok so maybe not as soon as you get out of surgery, but sooner than later! At least now you have the image to enjoy. Lots of love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate,You will be fine. You are so brave. I prayed for you and asked God to give you strength and bravery. I know you will be ok! :)
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, don't think about the negative anymore just positive and you are strong. You will wake up right away. When I got my surgery (when they put a camera down in my stomach) I was scared too but it turned out fine. When I woke up I first saw my mom and cried because I was so happy to see her and I knew I was ok. Stay Strong Kate!!!!

    ReplyDelete